Housekeeping Supervisor, Lagos
Hotel Ibis Nigeria – We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are 240,000 hospitality experts who share the same passion. Welcoming people. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,100 addresses.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Housekeeping Supervisor
- Assigns workers their duties and inspects work for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
- Investigates complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment, and takes corrective action.
- Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
- Coordinates work activities among departments.
- Conducts orientation training and in-service training to explain policies, work procedures, and to demonstrate use and maintenance of equipment.
- Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
- Evaluates records to forecast department personnel requirements.
- Makes recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation.
- Prepares reports concerning room occupancy, payroll, and department expenses.
- Responsible for smooth operation of the floor assigned.
- Responsible for the performance of all housekeeping staff.
- Organises and facilitates the room making process.
- Daily allocation of rooms and deep cleaning tasks to team members.
- Checks the occupied and departure rooms, giving special attention to guest needs.
- Routine inspection of guest bedrooms to ensure they meet standards.
- Report maintenance issues to Maintenance/Engineering Department.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation.
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships.
- Minimum of High School Diploma
- Not less than 2 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity in a hotel Housekeeping environment
- Proven training skills
- Experience with Hotel Property Management System, preferably OPERA
- Must be able to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work well with limited supervision.
Application Closing Date
5th April, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Housekeeping Supervisor’ as subject of the mail.