Internal Auditor at B. Adedipe Associates Limited, Lagos
Job Title: Internal Auditor
- Perform and control the full audit cycle, including risk management and control management to ensure operations effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
- Determine internal audit scope and develop annual audit plans.
- Prepare annually a risk-based audit plan and resource estimate that are consistent with the organisation’s goals, and obtain approval of the MD/CEO.
- Plan, organise and execute approved assurance and consulting engagements to assess the adequacy of management systems for controlling, risk management, administration, budgetary and financial management and information technology governance, and report the results of the engagements.
- Follow-up on the implementation of the audit recommendations and ensure that improvements are made to reduce the residual risks to appropriate levels.
- Assist in the formulation of appropriate anti-fraud policy, code of ethics and their implementation.
- Conduct special audit inspections and examinations at the request of the MD/CEO.
- Develop and establish professional Internal Audit practices within the organisation and ensure that these are consistent with International Professional Practices Framework.
- Advise the MD on any matters relating to the Internal Audit, organisational risk management, controls and governance.
- Provide an official report quarterly to the MD/CEO concerning the Internal Audit programmes and activities.
- Maintain a strong commitment to the implementation and perpetuation of the workplace safety programmes, values and ethics.
- Obtain, analyse and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc.
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process.
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement.
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings.
- Maintain open communication with management and Board Audit Committee.
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions.
- Engage in continuous knowledge development on the sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- A minimum of B.Sc or HND in Accounting or related fields.
- A member of ICAN, IIA or CIA
- Minimum of 6 years work experience in an audit function
- Excellent knowledge of Accounting application software
- Strong analytical ability
- Logical approach to identifying and evaluating issues and problem solving
- Well-developed organisational skills with the ability to prioritise multiple assignments
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills across all levels
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Age not more than 40 years
Application Closing Date
28th April, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications with a detailed Curriculum Vitae and contact phone number (preferably a GSM number) to: firstname.lastname@example.org