Logistics Asset and Reporting Officer, Maiduguri
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Asset and Reporting Officer
- The Asset Officer will work within the Logistics department , providing reliable and compliant support to program activities in order to achieve efficient service to program beneficiaries.
- Ensure accurate record keeping of all International Medical Corps assets, Donor assets and exceptional items that require registration and movement tracking in accordance with the International Medical Corps management Manual
- The Asset Officer ensures that procedures outlined in the IMC Asset Management Manual is implemented in IMC field Offices.
- Logs in all new IMC Nigeria asset into the asset register and ensures appropriate coding and tags are placed on each item.
- Regularly updates asset register with changes and new acquisitions Coordinates with the procurement and finance office in identifying all details of assets such as buying price, voucher reference, PR, PO and GRN number.
- Maintains stock of IMC assets that are not checked out and in use Check in and out IMC owned equipment to authorized staff using the standard IMC procedures and forms outlined in the Asset Management Manual
- Responsible for the timely preparation of documentation of any movement of assets in IMC formats Schedules and conducts physical count of assets in different locations, projects and sites on quarterly basis
- Provides a monthly update where all assets are located and their confirmed status
- Coordinate with the responsible officer for tracking assets in other offices to ensure the location and status of assets that have moved between offices
- Update the electronic database monthly and provide an electronic copy to supervisor and file copy in the assets folder Advises colleagues on guidelines of IMC asset and equipment use guidelines.
- Ensure all lost, damage, sold, stolen and all other items are properly recorded in with an approved
- Disposal of Assets form. Ensure any necessary, supplement documentation is completed Advise supervisor on any broken, damaged or destroyed equipment
- Ensures that all movement of items should go through Movement Form.
- Assist the Logistics coordinator in updating the master asset inventory, updates inventory records on all the receipts, issues inventory items from IMC warehouse.
- Assists and coordinate project staff on inventory issues.
- Assist in providing end of project reports on inventory and equipment lists, locations and status Maintain inventories of all IMC premises non-expendable properties conduct regular and quarterly checks.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to IMC and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in Nigeria
- Periodical Logistics Reporting activities Coordination of the Logistics team:
- Organize administrative activities of the logistics team members through daily meetings and activity follow up.
- Prepares agenda and meeting minutes in support of the logistics coordinator. Compiles logistics monthly report as follow: Gathers the information and updated documents from colleagues.
- On line reporting report using online filing system for the following
Monthly activity summary:
- Procurement planning and framework agreement updates
- Gift in kind updates
- Assets and Capital equipment newly acquired and disposed of in the course of the month
- International supply chain pipeline update
- Local Supply chain pipeline update
- Medicine and perishable items
- Fleet engine status update
- Equipment to repair or dispose of update
- Meetings occurred during the month update
- Logistics staff leave plan update
- Logistics staff coaching and training update
- Major logistics action points update
- Procurement tracking sheet update
- Warehouse stock update Cargo movement update
- Fleet management report for both vehicles and generators
- Contract tracking report Vendors list
- Asset-list with relevant GRN Mandatory spot stock controls
- Mandatory inventory stock check list
- Scanning of all procurement completed documents with value >$100K
- Updated supply chain mapping
- Procurement piloting tool Logistics induction power point
- Manage all staff you supervise with integrity and foresight, and in accordance with HR procedures and policies to ensure that they maintain the highest standards of accountability and professionalism.
- Make frequent site visits to where staff supervised by you are working, to ensure that the appropriate care and support is being offered.
- Ensure that staff supervised by you are evaluated regularly, trained and or mentored in a structured accountable manner, and written records of such are retained.
- Work with warehouse staff as advised by supervisor to ensure all technical, administrative and management systems and standards agreed upon for the agency is being adhered to.
- Represent IMC in a positive and professional manner to contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of its mandate, ethics, values and stand-point with regards to other actors
- Ensure the application of and compliance with, security protocols and policies of self and supervised staff.
Application Closing Date
27th April, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and applications to the “Human Resource Manager, International Medical Corps” via the email: email@example.com
- Candidates must state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.