Merchant Engagement Officer, Lagos
DealDey – Launched in March 2011, DealDey features a daily deal on the best things to do, see, eat, and buy in Lagos and Abuja. DealDey is an easy and fun way to get fantastic deals on great experiences. At DealDey we support local businesses and in return they support consumers with good savings! We want to create a “Win-Win” scenario each and every day for local merchants who want to attract new customers, and consumers who want to save money and take advantage great services and activities in their own city.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Merchant Engagement Officer
Purpose of the Job
- Responsible for developing long-term relationships with our portfolio of merchants, and converting them to active merchants.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain day-to-day relationships with existing Merchants.
- Collaborate with registered Merchants from point of Registration to Upload.
- Guide merchants through an understanding of consumer buying behaviour and predicting future trends.
- Provide training materials and knowledge tips to maximize sales.
- Manage numerous merchant accounts simultaneously and strategically.
- Analyse sales metrics for Merchant accounts to help evolve seller strategy.
- Manage basic reporting tasks required.
- Troubleshoot all vendor problems and present to management as required.
- Identify improvement areas internally as well as perform closely with all internal stakeholders to prepare solutions.
Qualification and Experience
- First Degree in any discipline
- Minimum of three years similar experience in e-commerce (Essential)
Required Competencies and Skills:
- Oral & Written Communication Skills
- Selling Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Planning & Organisation Skills
- Time Management Skills
- People Management Skills
- Customer Focus
Key Performance Indicators:
- % of Merchants satisfied with our services
- Percentage of registered merchants with live deals/ promos
Application Closing Date
24th March, 2017
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume with a detailed cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘Merchant Engagement Officer’ as the email subject.
- Applications with incorrect email references will not be reviewed.
- This recruitment process will be completed within 2 weeks of the closing date of the advert. If you have not been contacted within this period, please assume on this occasion that you have been unsuccessful.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to offer feedback to candidates who have not been shortlisted for interviews.