Full-TimeNigerian Army Short Service Combatant – SSC Commission: 2013
Nigerian Army – Nigerian Army Short Service Combatant – SSC Commission 2013
Applications are invited from eligible Nigerians for commission into the Nigerian Army (NA) as Short Service Combatant (SSC) Commission officers. The SSC offers an excellent opportunity to young Nigerians who intend to have an experience in the Army without necessarily having to spend their entire career life in the Army. The SSC is open to both civilians and serving military personnel.
SSC ENTRY REQUIREMENT
All applicants must satisfy the following conditions:
- Be a Nigerian as defined in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Be a male or female between the ages of 24 and 29 years.
- Be medically and physically fit.
- Be recommended by at least 2 recognizable referees who must attest to the applicant’s character and integrity. Serving military personnel must be recommended by their commanding officers.
- Measure at least 1.68m (for male) and 1.65m (for female) in height.
- Must not have been convicted by any competent court of law.
- Possess at least a first degree of not less than Second Class Lower Division or HND of not less than Lower Credit in the arts, sciences or humanities from any recognized University or Polytechnic as the case may be.
- Possess valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, hospital or local government council of birth or valid age declaration.
- Possess a valid certificate of state of origin.
- Applicants (less serving members of the Armed Forces) must possess NYSC discharge certificate or a valid exemption as the case may be.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
SSC will be granted for 10 years. Six years will be on active list renewable thereafter for a period up to 3 years. No extension is admitted after the ninth year of commission except on conversion to regular combatant where applicable.
- Officer cadets who successfully complete the military training shall be granted the rank of Second Lieutenant.
- Conversion to regular commission is not automatic. It is based on availability of vacancy and other criteria that are or will be in force from time to time.
- All graduating officer cadets must sign an acceptance on the terms and conditions governing the Short Service Combatant Commission before they are granted commission into the Nigerian Army.
- The reckonable period of service will be based on the date of commencement of cadet training of both civilian and military personnel entrants.
APPLICATION START DATE
25th March, 2013.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
The following will apply:
a. All applications are to be made online. Application Fee is N2,500.00
b. To apply:
- Obtain a PIN Code from any branch of Ecobank / Oceanic Bank nationwide upon the payment of N2,500.00 Application Fee to the designated cashier with effect from the announced date (25th March, 2013).
- Logon to: www.nigerianarmyms.org
- Select Short Service Combatant.
- Enter basic details as requested alongside the PIN Code.
- Login to begin filling the forms and upload documents and passport.
Applicants are to complete the form online and upload all required documents stated in the general instructions. Applicants must print out their online generated photo-card on completion of their application. Successful applicants are required to present their printed photo-card to the selection board during the interview.
All applications must be submitted not later than 12 May 2013.
For further information, you may call 09-8734009 between 0900 and 1700hrs from Mondays to Fridays. You may also visit www.nigerian-army.org