Pediatrics Consultant at Imo International Health Systems
Imo International Health Systems is a provider of health services with the goal of enhancing the wellbeing of all individuals. We focus on reducing the healthcare risk of the community by providing quality services for the sick and encouraging preventive behaviors. Imo International Health Systems is a chain of hospitals that is established based on Public Private Partnership between Imo State Government of Nigeria and International Quality Healthcare Consulting LLC, a USA based healthcare organization.
Are you seeking a life changing career to meet the Healthcare needs of the great people of Imo State? Imo Health System is coming to town and we are inviting qualified professionals and support staff to become part of the change by applying for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Pediatrics Consultant
Report to: Chief Medical Director
- The medical doctor examines, diagnoses, and treats patients.
- Medical doctors will diagnose patient’s conditions using examinations and tests.
- Based on their findings, they prescribe treatment and medications to attempt to heal any illnesses or injuries.
- Medical care of inpatients including both neonates and older children until full separation of the neonatal and general pediatric
- The Consultant will be responsible for the general Pediatric patients and emergency admissions.
- Out-patient clinics which may include community clinics
- Teaching and supervision of trainee pediatricians and general practitioners
- Clinical training and experience in pediatrics
- Neonatology experience and expertise/experience of child protection as a specialist
- Ability to take full and independent responsibility for clinical care of patients
- Adhere to the Standard Duties and Responsibilities Participate in the provision and administration of the department services for patients
- Hold a leadership role in shaping policy in the Hospital with regard to the management of department services, in line with best practice and international accreditation standards.
- Be easily accessible to clinical staff in person or by phone during normal working hours to advice on the treatment and management of patients.
- To participate in development of and undertake all duties and functions pertinent to the Consultant’s area of competence and in line with policies as specified by the Employer.
- To provide, as appropriate, consultation in the Consultant’s area of designated expertise in respect of patients of other Consultants at their request.
- To supervise and be responsible for diagnosis, treatment and care provided by non-Consultant Hospital Doctors treating patients under the Consultant’s care.
- Demonstrate a high level of verbal and non-verbal communication skills in order to effectively communicate with patients/service users, families, colleagues, managers, other health service staff and stakeholders from other organization
- Prime responsibility is for patient care, best diagnosis and team leadership. The successful applicant will also be involved in clinical governance, education and training.
- To take ongoing responsibility for patients under his/her care
- To provide a consultation service and advisory service to other clinical colleagues in other specialties within Imo International Health Systems
- To participate in the development of the pediatrics and critical care treatment protocols and guidelines
- To develop and maintain collaborative relationships with medical and non-medical colleagues in other specialties and participate in regular meetings
- To be accountable for the continuous care of patients and, as part of this responsibility, ensuring appropriate standards of care for patients and standards of training for other staff at all times.
- The post-holder will promote and develop multidisciplinary teamwork within the specialty and will communicate effectively with all agencies and personnel involved in providing pediatric services
- The post-holder will be responsible for providing procedures relating to the specialty and will develop it in keeping with medical advances
- The post-holder will continue to develop protocols for the establishment and monitoring of standards of care and reviewing effectiveness of practice in the light of available evidence and recommended guidelines.
- The post-holder will be expected to undertake administrative duties associated with patient care.
- The post-holder, will assist with the development and implementation of systems under clinical and social care governance that ensure the quality of the paediatric service offered by IIHS
- The paediatric consultant will participates in clinical audit activities and applies the results to improve the service.
- Undertaking patient consultations and physical examinations
- Organizing workloads
- Monitoring and ensure administering of medication
- Assessing and planning treatment requirements liaising daily with staff including other doctors, non-medical management staff and healthcare professionals
- Writing reports and maintaining records promoting health education
- Referring patients to specialists and consultants in hospital departments.
- Diagnosing any ailments
- Prescribing medications.
- Must have MBBS
- The individual must possess certificates of full registration with the Nigerian Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
- Must be a fellow and recognized as a consultant in his/her specialty.
- The individual must be computer literate.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work long, flexible and on-call hours, often under pressure
- Good practical skills
- Ability to solve problems
- Effective decision-making skills
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills, compassion and a good bedside manner
- Drive to continue learning throughout career.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job position as subject of the email.