Purchasing Officer, Lagos
Hotel Ibis Nigeria – We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are 240,000 hospitality experts who share the same passion. Welcoming people. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,100 addresses.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Purchasing Officer
- Implement sound purchasing policies, systems and procedures in accordance with Company standards.
- Monitor vendors for quality, service and price through standard purchasing specifications.
- Obtain competitive quotations for hotel requirements and ensure that the best product is sourced and purchased.
- A minimum of three independent genuine quotations must be obtained.
- Establish contracts to ensure reduced pricing for all operating areas of the hotel.
- Receives market list from the Executive Chef on a daily basis and arranges for delivery of those items daily
- Ensures that all authorised or approved purchase orders are sent to their respective suppliers/vendors for delivery purposes on a daily basis.
- Ensures & verifies that quotations are regularly updated and supplier’s new current price lists are maintained.
- Research and identify new products and services for the hotel in market.
- Approves all addition requests for new storeroom items, checking correct item description, unit, packing, category and establishes Min/Max estimated stock levels.
- Verify the ‘pending orders’ report on a daily basis, and all pending orders are checked and verified regularly.
- Identifies items for standing orders utilising vendor’s logistics for regular deliveries to the hotel based on approved highly consumed items.
- Verifies that all documentation and proper quotations are maintained and filed according to Policy and Procedure requirements.
- Approves all storeroom re-order requests, verifying quantities within the established Min/Max stock levels.
- Responsible for all purchasing functions, quotations, quality and availability.
- Responsible for physical control of all store items until issued, fully documented under strict control procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining logical storeroom inventory levels operationally needed.
- Ensures that the suppliers follow the rules relating to hygiene of goods delivered.
- Keeps all records in a way that they can be checked at any time for information or audit purposes.
- Maintains all documents, files and listings up-to-date and performs his duties in the most efficient manner.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
- A University Degree or its equivalent.
- At least 4 years’ experience in similar job position.
- Knowledge of Sun system application.
- Experience in the hospitality industry is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
5th April, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com with ‘Purchasing Officer’ as subject of the mail.