Rector Position at The Federal Polytechnic, Ede
The Federal Polytechnic, Ede came into existence in February, 1992, vide Decree No. 33 of 25th July, 1979 as amended by Decree 5 of 1993. It currently runs Twenty.nine (29) National and Higher National Diploma programmes and Twenty-two (22) Academic Departments.
Application are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Rector
Location: Ede, Osun
- The Rector is the Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the Polytechnic. He exercises general authority over both staff and students.
- He is also responsible for discipline in the Polytechnic subject to the general control of the Governing Council.
- In addition to proven management and leadership ability, the successful candidate is expected to among other things give academic leadership and play activity role in enhancing academic excellence and extending the services of the Polytechnic to Government, immediate communities, industrial sectors of the Nigerian economy.
- The applicant must therefore posses a very high sense dedication to duly, drive and resourcefulness.
- Above all he must be a person of proven integrity.
Qualities and Qualifications
- The candidate for the post is expected to possess the following academic qualifications and personal qualities.
- Must hold a minimum of a Masters Degree in areas relevant to any of the programmes offered in the Polytechnic from a recognized institution of higher learning plus at least 15 years of academic and administrative experience at least five of which must have been gained in a Polytechnic.
- Must be a Chief Lecturer with not less than five (5) years experience on that rank in the Polytechnic Sector.
- Must demonstrate evidence of strong academic, administrative and visionary leadership.
- Must provide evidence of Membership of a reputable professional body which will be of definite advantage.
- Must be a person with initiative and vision necessary for sustaining the accelerated pace of development of the Polytechnic even under financial and challenging constraints.
- Must be morally sound, of impeccable character and free from financial embarrassment.
- Must enjoy excellent physical and mental health (with evidence from government hospital).
- Must provide evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals as well as presentation of papers at educational conferences, seminars! workshops)
- Must be able to attract research grants and development facilities to the Polytechnic.
Application Closing Date
1st May, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications in a sealed envelope and market “Post of Rector” on the top left hand corner of the envelope, addressed to:
The Federal Polytechnic, Ede,
- Applicants will be required to produce the originals of their certificates and other credentials if invited for interview, photocopies will not be accepted.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.